Featured

Friday, January 14, 2011

The Quest for a Cowl: Putting Together a 1966 TV Batman Costume

As if I didn't have enough going on, I am now going to start putting together an Adam West style Batman costume. Between the re-modeling of the live Batcave Toy Room, business, family, and expanding my collection, I am on the hunt to start putting together a Bat-Suit.

Getting an authentic Batman TV series style utility belt is a piece of cake. I will probably pick one up from CY Productions. Clint Young sells other various other Bat-Equipment like batarangs and bat communicators as well. This may also be my first piece for my costume. I can pick one up for $225.

I have some tips for the boots and tights, but the rest may not be as easy. With the hardest part being finding a well made cowl. Evolution Props out of Argentina makes a descent looking Batman cowl. I am just not sure if it is well made or not. Below is a video of someone who picked up one of Evolution Props' cowls, who seems pretty happy with his find.




The quest has begun. So what does everybody think? If anyone has any idea were to get various pieces please let me know.

4 comments :

  1. I would like to buy one Please contact me if one is available. Thank You

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't sell them, but you can get an awesome replica here http://www.etsy.com/listing/99407096/replica-66-batman-cowl?ref=sr_gallery_4&ga_search_query=batman+cowl&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all

      Delete
  2. I would like to buy one please Are the for sale. Than

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't sell them, but you can get an awesome replica here http://www.etsy.com/listing/99407096/replica-66-batman-cowl?ref=sr_gallery_4&ga_search_query=batman+cowl&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...