Featured

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Vintage Slave I from Kenner 1981-1983

He's all yours bounty hunter. Actually, this sweet ride, the Slave I, is technically all mine, but who's going to argue with the galaxies most fearsome bounty hunter. Kenner released Boba Fett's ship as part of the second wave of toys from their Empire Strikes Back line. The second wave of toys from the fifth movie (or second, depending on your point of view) of the Star Wars films in my opinion was the best. Not only because of this ship, but it also included the awesome AT-AT in that wave as well.

Slave I did not have any electronic features such as lights or sounds like other vehicles in the toy line, but it did have some cool features here and there.


It had a prisoner detention unit or as Boba Fett said in the movie "Put Captain Solo in the cargo hold."

A rear loading ramp to board the ship. Watch your head (If you're a Fett or a clone that is).

No lights or electronic sounds for the cannons, but they do make a clicking sound.

Wings are gravity operated. So, they move as the ship does and can be trigger lock to be held in the position you want them to be in while in flight.

Best of all, Slave I came with a carbonite frozen Han Solo. This was my absolute favorite part of the toy (there I go with freezing fetish again). My dream collectible next to a 1966 replica Batmobile is the frozen Han Solo replica, but since it's $5,000 so this minature version will do for now.

All and in all, Kenner did a great job at the time of re-creating Boba Fett's ship and holds some great memories from my childhood.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...